Wednesday, November 15, 2006

2005 Borsao Red Wine

2005 Borsao Campo de Borja -- Spain. I have passed on the last few vintages of this wine, but at a recent Jorge Ordonez tasting, I loved this wine at its price point. Sure it wasn't as big and complex as the Clio or the El Nido, but for $8 it showed well. Tasted blind I would be fooled.

A lot of the online listings of this wine have the wrong label and old information that it is 80/20 Grenache (Garnacha actually) and Tempranillo. The 2005 is a 75/25 blend. So I'm not going to quote the Parker review as I can't be sure if it's for this vintage. My rating is 90 plus due to the price. You can quote me on that!

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I also think this is a steal for the price--they had it on sale near us for $6...I'd get half a case of that, half a case of somewhat pricier stuff and still do very well at the cash register.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

This vino has me hooked...not too sweet, not too dry, at an honest price. My dream wine was finally made. Once again, this wine proved that the making of wine is a science. Australia and South Africa are producing good vino's to at great prices.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home