Thursday, March 16, 2006

Peter Lehmann Clancy's

2003 Peter Lehmann, Clancy's ($16) -- Barossa Australia; Shiraz (42%), Cabernet Sauvignon (41%) and Merlot (17%). Lehmann has been producing wines since 1979 and in 2005 crushed about 21,000 tonnes. The website is full of useful information.

Clancy's 2003 wine was sourced from various Barossa vineyards and spends 12 months in new and old French and American oak.

Dark fruit aromas and well balanced fruit, tannins and acids overall. Medium finish. Pleasant quaffer and would be good with food.

I liked this wine last month on sampling with the wine rep so I bought a case as I thought $16 was a good value. At the South Beach Wine Festival one night I went to a hot South Beach restaurant that had it on the list for more than $80. $80!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mal said...

I can't believe anyone would be happy to pay USD$80 for this wine!

I am still struggling with the idea of USD$16.

In Australia there ius such a huge wine glut that there are ridiculously low prices for tremendous quality wines.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home