Saturday, December 02, 2006

Just A Few Old Bottles Lying Around



1985 Chateau Cos d'Estournel
1970 Chateau Beychevelle

At a recent blind tasting a few Midwest wine geeks gathered to celebrate old wines. Damn I wish I had the discipline to put more wine away and the patience to wait 5 to 10 years as they mature. I love big bold fruit forward wines (Hundred Acres, comes to mind) but nothing is more transcendent than a 20 or 30 year-old Bordeaux! The Cos was still strong and could go at least 5 more years. The Beychevelle was on a decline due to poor storage and age, but was still great stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Sounds like a fun tasting! One of these days I might try putting some bottles down but I tend to go for those that can be enjoyed right away.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home