Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Row Eleven Pinot -- Update


2004 Row Eleven, Vinas 3 Pinot Noir ($19) -- California. The Vinas 3 means, I think, that the wine comes from 3 vineyards, 3 appellations, and 3 clones. Three cubed!

Do you remember the scene from "Broadcast News" when Albert Brooks' character is at home on the phone to the newsdesk and he is walking William Hurt's character through the interview. Albert comments, "I speak into the phone here and it comes out of his mouth on TV. Amazing!", or something like that.

Last week I posted a piece on the Row Eleven Santa Maria Pinot after tasting a bottle at a party and wished that the wine was in Ohio. Today a rep dropped off this bottle to sample. There are 14 cases in the warehouse.

I type into my laptop here, it posts to my blog, and then wine appears at my shop. Amazing!

The Vinas 3 is more about California Pinot, versus the Santa Maria which is about the Bien Nacido vineyard. The Santa Maria is big and muscular and brooding, whereas the Vinas is elegant, well-rounded and sophisticated with a long finish for an under $20 California Pinot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The actual line is:

"I say it here, it comes out there."

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home