Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Watcher by Fetish Wines


2004 Fetish "The Watcher" ($20) -- 100% Barossa Vally Shiraz. This wine is a proprietary brand by Joshua Tree Imports with Rolf Binder as winemaker. Rolf is involved with several brands, Veritas Winery, Magpie Estate and J.J. Hahn, and the first vintage of Two Hands, and has racked up rave reviews from many critics including three 99 point reviews by Parker.

This is Joshua Tree's second proprietary brand, the first being Razor's Edge.

The wine has complex fruit aromas, soft tannins and a long finish. No sharp edges here. We will have no problems finishing this sample off. It was also quite popular with the wine reps today.

I'm not sure of the brand theme here with Fetish and "The Watcher", but you should watch out for this wine when it hits your neighborhood fine wine store. I don't think you will see it at Kroger or Costco any time soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM FROM ARIZONA AND I WANT TO KNOW WHERE TO PURCHASE "the watcher" my email address is sbarendt2@gmail.com thanks. sa

10:48 AM  
Blogger Phred said...

I found a bottle of this stuff at Double Helix wine bar/store at the Venetian in Las Vegas.

I also got the second last bottle.... :)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home